The Women of Distinction program pays tribute to women who have made special contributions to their community through civic, academic or professional efforts. This year's Women of Distinction are:
- Michelle Ballew of Birmingham, Engineer and IT Manager, Christy/Cobb, Inc.
- Susan B. Brouillette of Vestavia Hills, CEO, Alacare Home Health & Hospice
- Michelle Clemon of Birmingham, VP Human Resources, McWane, Inc.
- Alison Bradford Gorrie of Mountain Brook, Founder & Volunteer, Songs for Sight
- Vikki Grodner of Mountain Brook, Principal, The Grodner Group
- Brenda Mitchell Hackney of Mountain Brook, President, Hackney Foundation
- Holley S. LaGrone of Birmingham, VP Marketing & Administration, Energen Resources Corporation
- Linda Lewis of Jasper, President, Chamber of Commerce of Walker County
- Cheryl Williams of Birmingham, President, A.G. Williams & Co., Inc.
Bettina Boateng of Alabama's 13 will serve as the Emcee. Terri Sewell, newly-elected U.S. Representative from the 7th Congressional District will be a guest speaker. Chairing the Luncheon is Mariah Chapman, SVP and Manager at BBVA Compass.
Several Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts will also be honored at the Luncheon for earning their Gold Award, the highest achievement in Girl Scouting. These young ladies from around the community will be recognized for their leadership projects that required over 65 hours of planning, community service and evaluations.
This is the largest fundraising event of the year. Proceeds from the Women of Distinction Luncheon provide direct support to Girl Scouts in North-Central Alabama. The signature sponsor is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama. Primary Benefactors include: Alacare Home Health and Hospice, Balch & Bingham LLP, Birmingham Business Journal, Brookwood Medical Center, Business Electronics Corporation, Energen Corporation, First Commercial Bank and Greater Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau. Many other local companies and individuals have generously sponsored additional tables. For more information on sponsorships, please contact Julie Carter at 800-734-4541 x1030 or visit www.girlscoutsnca.org/WODCentral. Tickets to the Luncheon cost $60 for general admission and $45 for Girl Scout members.